Skip to main content

Home Life, Cleaning and Life Lessons

Do you ever get overwhelmed?  Some days, the kids ar
e going crazy, the house is a mess and husband will be home from work in just a few minutes wanting to relax after a hard day.  Some days, I look around my house and think "This place is a disaster.  I should have cleaned the living room and kitchen by now and have dinner at least started."  You know what?  It's okay.  we need to give ourselves grace sometimes.  It is okay to have a rough day.  It is okay to spend an hour playing with the kids instead of making sure the house is clean.  




Yesterday, my house was a mess.  I sat down with my 4 year old, who just wanted to be held and looked around and thought I haven't gotten anything done today.  However, it was important to my child that I just sit with him.  He didn't necessarily need anything from me other than my attention and to know that Mom was right there with him as he played a game.

I'm a stay at home/work at home Mama to 2 boys that I homeschool, so they are always home with me.  Yesterday as I was making my to do list and then looking around at the mess that was my house, I just thought, "There is no way to get all of this done today."  




Do you realize that it is okay to feel that way?  Sometimes it is important to take time for ourselves as wives as moms as women.  Sometimes, it is more important to spend that hour with your children instead of working on the house or working on your business.  

God gives us grace and we need to give ourselves and each other grace. Let's support one another and lift each other up as women, not stress each other over the fact that not everything is perfect in each other's lives.  What can you do today for yourself?  That might be taking a few moments to sit and relax with a cup of coffee or tea.  Or it might just be knowing that tomorrow is another day to do better and just take the night off.


~Tulips-n-lace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles and Faith

Have you seen miracles in your lifetime?  I have and without a doubt I’ve known it was only God’s grace and Him performing that miracle that the situation changed.  I have been raised in the church and have seen many different miracles throughout my lifetime, but one of the more recent ones was when my youngest son was born.  He was born at 30 weeks but had quit growing at 28 weeks gestation.  He was only 2 pounds and 5 ounces when he was born.  Now, I know that science and the medical field did everything they could, but I also know that it is a true miracle that he is alive today because there is only so much that humans can do on their own.  It is a miracle that I survived that pregnancy also.  I remember being at Heaven’s gates the night before my son was born.  I was on bed rest in the hospital for 12 days before my son was born.  That is one of the hardest things to go through when you have another child at home that you can’t be there to take care of them. I know that I know tha

Mustard Seed Faith

With Easter coming up soon I have been thinking about the Cross of Jesus.  Most people know what the cross stands for, no matter what religion or non-religion that people have, but I have been thinking about the fact that we can lay our burdens down at the foot of the cross.  Now, I have heard that phrase throughout my life, but lately I have really been pondering it.  Do we ever truly lay our burdens down at the feet of Jesus and leave them there? My family has had a lot of health issues lately and sometimes it can be a struggle to have the faith to get through situations that you have no control over.  My mom and I recently were talking about how we are the type of people who always want to control a situation or at least to be able to problem solve when something goes wrong.  It is so difficult to sit back and know that there are no solutions to some problems.  However, I know that with the faith of a mustard seed, God can still change the outcome.   Have you ever seen a mustard see

Impossible!!!

1 Peter 1: 7-9 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see  him  not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith,  even  the salvation of  your  souls. What is your impossible situation?  What is your I need a miracle situation?  I heard these lines in a song recently and it got me to thinking about how sometimes situations in our lives seem so impossible and out of control.  We just don't know what to do about it or what to think about that situation. I read the above scripture in 1 Peter last week and it got me to thinking about how gold is refined by going through fire, diamonds are mined from deep within the earth.  We wouldn't have the beautiful jewelry and precious metals that we have without the trials of g