Skip to main content

Break down the Walls of Jericho


Break down the Walls of Jericho: 

My 5 year old son likes to watch Bible Stories on YouTube and the other day we were watching about the Israelites marching around Jericho.  God told them to march around the city once a day for 6 days and they had to be very quiet each time.  On day 4 or 5 they started to grumble that they needed a leader that would lead them in to war to take the city, but Joshua reminded them that God said they needed to just march and on the 7th day they were to march around the city 7 times.  

How many times does God tell us to do something and we grumble and complain because we don't think we are getting answers fast enough?  

There is a cute song that plays on the video that says: Break down the walls of Jericho, break down the walls, lift your voice and shout until the wall comes down.    




On the 7th time around the city, Joshua tells the people to shout, praise, and sing for the victory is theirs.  Claim the victory and the walls fell down.  They didn’t have to go to battle with Jericho, they just had to be obedient to God to win the battle. 

I was thinking about that the other day and it kept coming to me that we can’t physically march around our cities or countries right now, but we can spiritually march until the walls come down.  Do you have walls that need to come down?  We can pray and “march” until the walls come down.  The walls of corruption in the government, the walls of fear from the virus, the walls of sickness.  Whatever that may look like for you, we can pray and spiritually march until the walls come down.  We can claim the victory because we know God has already won the battle for us.   What are you battling tonight?  Claim the victory and listen to what God is telling you to do to win the war.

I wrote the above when my oldest son was 5 years old.  He is now 9 years old but a lot of this is still true to this day.  If we are obedient and listen to God's voice when He asks us to do something, he will break down the walls for us.  What are you facing today?  Do you have questions and wonder what you are supposed to do at this point in time?  Are you facing a battle that you have no idea how to conquer it?  Just listen to the voice of God and then follow through on what he is telling you to do.  That may be to quietly march around the circumstance for a few days, it may be to pray continually until the answer comes.  Or it may just be to march (prayerfully if not physically) until the 7th day when we are to praise and shout and proclaim that God has given us the victory.

Today, let's break down the walls of Jericho, whatever Jericho that might be in your life.

Tulips~n~Lace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles and Faith

Have you seen miracles in your lifetime?  I have and without a doubt I’ve known it was only God’s grace and Him performing that miracle that the situation changed.  I have been raised in the church and have seen many different miracles throughout my lifetime, but one of the more recent ones was when my youngest son was born.  He was born at 30 weeks but had quit growing at 28 weeks gestation.  He was only 2 pounds and 5 ounces when he was born.  Now, I know that science and the medical field did everything they could, but I also know that it is a true miracle that he is alive today because there is only so much that humans can do on their own.  It is a miracle that I survived that pregnancy also.  I remember being at Heaven’s gates the night before my son was born.  I was on bed rest in the hospital for 12 days before my son was born.  That is one of the hardest things to go through when you have another child at home that you can’t be there to take care of them. I know that I know tha

Impossible!!!

1 Peter 1: 7-9 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see  him  not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith,  even  the salvation of  your  souls. What is your impossible situation?  What is your I need a miracle situation?  I heard these lines in a song recently and it got me to thinking about how sometimes situations in our lives seem so impossible and out of control.  We just don't know what to do about it or what to think about that situation. I read the above scripture in 1 Peter last week and it got me to thinking about how gold is refined by going through fire, diamonds are mined from deep within the earth.  We wouldn't have the beautiful jewelry and precious metals that we have without the trials of g

Mustard Seed Faith

With Easter coming up soon I have been thinking about the Cross of Jesus.  Most people know what the cross stands for, no matter what religion or non-religion that people have, but I have been thinking about the fact that we can lay our burdens down at the foot of the cross.  Now, I have heard that phrase throughout my life, but lately I have really been pondering it.  Do we ever truly lay our burdens down at the feet of Jesus and leave them there? My family has had a lot of health issues lately and sometimes it can be a struggle to have the faith to get through situations that you have no control over.  My mom and I recently were talking about how we are the type of people who always want to control a situation or at least to be able to problem solve when something goes wrong.  It is so difficult to sit back and know that there are no solutions to some problems.  However, I know that with the faith of a mustard seed, God can still change the outcome.   Have you ever seen a mustard see