Skip to main content

Fall 2013


This weekend my parents came to visit us. My mom
wanted to get pictures of the house and of me opening 
the door when they arrived. :)

Here is our house as they are driving up to it...


Our front door...



This is me opening the door to welcome
my parents here :)


I am getting ready for us to go out shopping now 
that they have arrived.


Here is a picture of our stuff that we need to 
make some of the projects we have planned for this
weekend.


This picture is a little blurry because I was trying
to figure out how to use Mom's camera but she is
showing off some of the stuff that we are going to
be using for our projects...


Mom is studying up how to change the setting
on the camera for me :)


Saturday morning we decided to hit a few crafts
fairs in the area.  I love how the sun is highlighting me ;)



Here are a few of our finds (we needed the wreath
frame to make us a new wreath)




And mom showing off more of our stuff that we are 
finding...


We went back to pick up Dad to take with us
to go get breakfast and hit a few more craft shows
and this is what we came home to :)  I guess he
got bored waiting for us and decided to have fun
playing in the leaves.


Of course, we always have to hit Hobby Lobby when
my mom comes to town.  It is one of our favorite stores.
Don't you just love looking at Christmas things???


Mom is having fun looking at more Christmas items.



And here she is showing Dad a tree made out of
newspapers. (For those that don't know 
my Dad, he LOVES
his newspaper)


This sign says "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"


My dad was having fun shopping with us also even though
craft type stores are not his favorite, Hobby Lobby has
something for everyone!


So many decisions, trying to find the perfect scrapbook
paper...



And picking out the perfect material :)




Now it is time to get down to doing some
serious projects...Here I am trying to take the old
wreath off of the frame so we can make a new, 
more modern wreath...


I finally got it all figured out, now Mom is using
the mesh tulle to make a new wreath for a Christmas
Brunch that she is hosting...



I am working on a project for a Cookie Swap that
I will be hosting next month....


This is what Dad decided to do while we 
worked on our many projects (Nathan was working
so he missed most of the fun)


We decided to take a quick trip to Lowe's before
Mom and Dad headed back home...


We are checking out some kitchen
counter tops for ideas..



And it wouldn't be a fun fall day without taking pictures
in a leaf pile :)


It was so beautiful outside, we got some great
pictures...




And some fun pictures of Mom and Dad also...



You have to have a leaf fight in the Fall...









This is the way to end a fun photo shoot :)


Hope you enjoyed our fun weekend.  I have a few more
pictures for another post :)



Tulips~n~Lace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles and Faith

Have you seen miracles in your lifetime?  I have and without a doubt I’ve known it was only God’s grace and Him performing that miracle that the situation changed.  I have been raised in the church and have seen many different miracles throughout my lifetime, but one of the more recent ones was when my youngest son was born.  He was born at 30 weeks but had quit growing at 28 weeks gestation.  He was only 2 pounds and 5 ounces when he was born.  Now, I know that science and the medical field did everything they could, but I also know that it is a true miracle that he is alive today because there is only so much that humans can do on their own.  It is a miracle that I survived that pregnancy also.  I remember being at Heaven’s gates the night before my son was born.  I was on bed rest in the hospital for 12 days before my son was born.  That is one of the hardest things to go through when you have another child at home that you can’t be there to take care of them. I know that I know tha

Impossible!!!

1 Peter 1: 7-9 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see  him  not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith,  even  the salvation of  your  souls. What is your impossible situation?  What is your I need a miracle situation?  I heard these lines in a song recently and it got me to thinking about how sometimes situations in our lives seem so impossible and out of control.  We just don't know what to do about it or what to think about that situation. I read the above scripture in 1 Peter last week and it got me to thinking about how gold is refined by going through fire, diamonds are mined from deep within the earth.  We wouldn't have the beautiful jewelry and precious metals that we have without the trials of g

Mustard Seed Faith

With Easter coming up soon I have been thinking about the Cross of Jesus.  Most people know what the cross stands for, no matter what religion or non-religion that people have, but I have been thinking about the fact that we can lay our burdens down at the foot of the cross.  Now, I have heard that phrase throughout my life, but lately I have really been pondering it.  Do we ever truly lay our burdens down at the feet of Jesus and leave them there? My family has had a lot of health issues lately and sometimes it can be a struggle to have the faith to get through situations that you have no control over.  My mom and I recently were talking about how we are the type of people who always want to control a situation or at least to be able to problem solve when something goes wrong.  It is so difficult to sit back and know that there are no solutions to some problems.  However, I know that with the faith of a mustard seed, God can still change the outcome.   Have you ever seen a mustard see