Skip to main content

Mustard Seed Faith


With Easter coming up soon I have been thinking about the Cross of Jesus.  Most people know what the cross stands for, no matter what religion or non-religion that people have, but I have been thinking about the fact that we can lay our burdens down at the foot of the cross.  Now, I have heard that phrase throughout my life, but lately I have really been pondering it.  Do we ever truly lay our burdens down at the feet of Jesus and leave them there?



My family has had a lot of health issues lately and sometimes it can be a struggle to have the faith to get through situations that you have no control over.  My mom and I recently were talking about how we are the type of people who always want to control a situation or at least to be able to problem solve when something goes wrong.  It is so difficult to sit back and know that there are no solutions to some problems.  However, I know that with the faith of a mustard seed, God can still change the outcome.  

Have you ever seen a mustard seed?  It is the tiniest seed, if you haven't seen one go look in the spice aisle at your local store and check it out.  The Bible says that we only need to have the faith the size of a mustard seed and we can move mountains.  Did you just read that statement?  With the tiniest amount of faith we can MOVE MOUNTAINS.  How amazing is that?  Growing up, my mom has always called me her Faith Girl.  It seems so much easier to have faith when your problems aren't that big but when your problems seem to be giant mountains it gets harder.  Faith is choosing to believe that no matter what God is still in control and the outcome will be what he wants it to be.  




That leads me back to looking at the cross.  Today, let's all try to leave our burdens at the foot of the cross and let God take control and have faith that He knows what is best for us.  Remember the mustard seed and hold on when life gets crazy and out of control.  

Matthew 17:20 KJV

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.



Tulips~n~Lace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles and Faith

Have you seen miracles in your lifetime?  I have and without a doubt I’ve known it was only God’s grace and Him performing that miracle that the situation changed.  I have been raised in the church and have seen many different miracles throughout my lifetime, but one of the more recent ones was when my youngest son was born.  He was born at 30 weeks but had quit growing at 28 weeks gestation.  He was only 2 pounds and 5 ounces when he was born.  Now, I know that science and the medical field did everything they could, but I also know that it is a true miracle that he is alive today because there is only so much that humans can do on their own.  It is a miracle that I survived that pregnancy also.  I remember being at Heaven’s gates the night before my son was born.  I was on bed rest in the hospital for 12 days before my son was born.  That is one of the hardest things to go through when you have another child at home that you can’t be there to take care of them. I know that I know tha

Impossible!!!

1 Peter 1: 7-9 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see  him  not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith,  even  the salvation of  your  souls. What is your impossible situation?  What is your I need a miracle situation?  I heard these lines in a song recently and it got me to thinking about how sometimes situations in our lives seem so impossible and out of control.  We just don't know what to do about it or what to think about that situation. I read the above scripture in 1 Peter last week and it got me to thinking about how gold is refined by going through fire, diamonds are mined from deep within the earth.  We wouldn't have the beautiful jewelry and precious metals that we have without the trials of g